Company registration and legal services
BALTIC LEGAL provides full range of legal services in Latvia and general legal support through Baltic States - Latvia, Lithuania and Estonia.
- Drafting foundation and formation documents of the company
- Drafting documents aimed to register amendments of the incorporation documents
- Assistance before Tax Authority to apply for VAT payer status
- Assistance before state authorities to obtain the necessary permits and licences
- Assistance in bank to open a bank account
- Analysis of administrative decisions made by public and self-government authorities, consultations regarding the appealing against administrative decisions.
- Preparation of applications and other documents to appeal against administrative decisions.
- Representation and protection of client’s interests in the Administrative court of Latvia and other above-mentioned authorities.
- Consultations and assistance in receiving compensation for material and moral damage caused by public and self-government authorities, assistance in defining the amount of the damage.
Elaboration and analysis of agreements
- Elaboration and analysis of all kinds of agreements used in commercial activity.
- Purchase agreements, pledge agreements, lease agreements, loan agreements, allowance agreements, contractor agreements, transport agreement, commission agreements, labour agreements.
- Non-commercial activity agreements: amicable agreements, marriage agreements, inheritance agreements etc.
- Elaboration and analysis of all kinds of annexes to the agreements: acceptance statements, payment schedules, plans, specifications, technical assignments, arrangements etc.
- Elaboration and analysis of all other documents used in commercial activity: commercial offers, letters of claim, objections, warnings, notifications, statements and agreements on termination, alteration and supplementation, as well as any other documents.
- Consultations regarding amendments, violation, termination, validity, legality or interpretation of the above-mentioned documents.
- Development of concepts and schemes aimed at protecting client’s interests regarding the performance and termination of the agreement.
- Representation of the client and protection of his interests regarding the conclusion, performance and termination of the agreement, participation in negotiations.
- Registration of agreements in corresponding authorities of Latvia (Register of Enterprises, Land Register, Patent Office etc.).
- Invalidity of the agreement by judicial procedure.
- Consultations regarding national and international registration of trademarks, use of exclusive rights on the trademark, sale of the trademark, its transfer to other persons.
- Assistance in searching of identical or similar images before registration of the trademark, consultations regarding the results of the search.
- Preparation and submission of the application and other documents necessary for registration of the trademark.
- Tracking of all stages of trademark’s registration and informing the client about the course of registration.
- Representation of the client’s interests in Patent Office in respect of trademark’s registration.
- Analysis and elaboration of licenses and license agreements on transfer of rights regarding the use of trademark.
- Preparation of pre-trial claims to those who have violated the right on trademark.
- Representation and protection of the client at Appeal Council and District court regarding the cancellation of trademark’s registration and prohibition to use the trademark.
- Preparation of the application and other documents to be submitted to Appeal Council and District court.
- Consultations regarding the origin of authorship, its possible deposition, use of the copyright object, transfer of copyright to other people, violation of copyright.
- Analysis and elaboration of agreements, licenses and license agreements in the sphere of copyright (publisher agreement, agreement on creation of audio-visual and photo work, agreements between employee and employer on creating a work of authorship, agreement on the use of software, agreements on the lease of copyright objects etc.).
- Preparation of pre-trial claims to those who have violated the right on copyright.
- Representation and protection of the client at the court regarding the recovery of damages and royalty.
- Preparation of the application and other documents to be submitted to the court.
The above is only a partial listing of legal services offered by BALTIC LEGAL for any of these countries - Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania. Please contact us if you require a legal services not listed above. We may be able to help you.