Gibraltar is one of the British Overseas Territories we recommend for an offshore company. Gibraltar is located on the southern end of the Iberian Peninsula on the Mediterranean. Gibraltar is known for its rock with a densely populated city area on the foot of the rock. Official language of Gibraltar is English, but Spanish and Llanito are also widely spoken.
The type of company is Non Resident, meaning that the director of the company doesn't need to be local, the board meetings and shareholder meetings must be held within Gibraltar. The key corporate features in Gibraltar:
- Company formation (registration process in Gibraltar takes around 5-8 days
- Minimal share capital of 1.21 EUR, and usual authorised share capital of 2,420 EUR
- At least one director and one shareholder are required
- A local qualified company secretary is required.
- Filed accounts are not publicly available
- An office must be maintained within Gibraltar
To maintain a Non Resident company in Gibraltar the following is required:
- filing annual returns
- preparing and filing accounts
- a minimum annual license fee of 55 EUR
Gibraltar does not have Double Taxation Treaties with any country and has no corporate tax. Only the annual license fee has to be paid. Also there is no wealth tax, Capital Gains Tax, gift tax or Value Added Tax in Gibraltar.
For more information on Gibraltar Offshore companies please contact us.